October 1 is a special day as we celebrate International Coffee Day.
Officially launched in 2015 by the International Coffee Organization, this day aims to promote coffee as a beverage and highlight the industry as a whole.
To mark this special day, local cafés are celebrating it with a Davao Coffee Crawl.
The coffee crawl is being participated by Lara Mia Café and Bistro, Confex & Co. Bakehouse, Spark Coffee + Crafts, Onse, Life Cycle Coffee, Oye Coffee, Espresso Lab, The Bloom Coffee, and Mugshots.
From October 1 to 31, visit these local coffee shops and get your Davao Coffee Crawl card. Your goal is to have a stamp from each of the participating cafés. You will be given a stamp if you order their signature drinks:
- The Bloom Coffee – Iced or Hot Latte
- Confex & Co. Bakehouse – Saving Jack
- Espresso Lab – Pour over
- Lara Mia Café – Affogato Dream
- Life Cycle Coffee – Kuro Blend
- Mugshots – 100g Coffee Beans
- Onse – Blanco Cold Brew
- Oye Coffee – Iced Pistachio Latte
- Spark Coffee + Craft – Iced Coffee
Orders are only for take-out or dine-in. Mugshots’ coffee beans will be available at Onse, Confex, and Life Cycle Coffee.
Once you complete the ALL nine stamps, you can visit these cafés again to claim your prize:
- The Bloom Coffee – A slice of cake
- Confex & Co. Bakehouse – Box of six bars
- Espresso Lab – A slice of cake
- Lara Mia Café – Gelato
- Life Cycle Coffee – Yakisoba
- Mugshots – 60g PCQC Top 10 Coffee Beans
- Onse – White Chocolate Macadamia Cookie
- Oye Coffee – Clubhouse Sandwich
- Spark Coffee + Craft – Mojos or Onion Rings
Prizes can be claimed up until November 7. When you claim your prizes, prepare any government-issued ID or QR code.
Meanwhile, stamps are non-transferable. Combining of stamp cards is also not allowed.
For those who have not had their coffee hopping yet, this might be a good time for you as you join the Davao Coffee Crawl. You will not only be receiving prizes at the end of the crawl, you will also discover our local coffee scene.
But this coffee crawl is just the tip of the iceberg of the local coffee scene. Davao City is currently home to several coffee shops that you must visit. You can check these coffee shops and cafés here.
Have fun “crawling!”
Be sure to practice a safe coffee crawl by following the minimum health standards — wear a facemask when not eating or drinking, observe proper coughing or sneezing etiquette, wash or sanitize your hands, and present Safe Davao QR code.