Rediscovering Eagles Bar

For some of us, we are on the look out for somewhere nice to chill the night with our friends after work or dinner; somewhere where we can relax and have a nice glass of drink.

I am sure that many of you have heard of and have been to the Eagles Bar at the ground floor of Marco Polo Hotel Davao.

DSC_3495-5
Eagles Bar’s mixologist Lawrence

While it has been around for a while and some of you may have visited it already, it is always nice to rediscover what it has to offer.

Recently, Eagles Bar has stepped up its game as it introduces its Safari Night, which will be every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

DSC_3481-4
Davao media and bloggers during the Safari Night launch with Marco Polo Hotel Davao’s Chef Alex (center) and Sarah Dayrit (fifth from left). From left Jinggoy Salvador, Vanessa Mabini, Jose Manuel, Emjay Llarena, Verna Luga, Andrew Topinio, Chamee Pecson, and Joem Madrazo

Enjoy Marco Polo’s 24 classic cocktails — Alexander, Bellini, Bloody Mary, Caipirinha, Cosmopolitan, Cuba Libre, Daiquiri, Gin Fizz, Long Island Iced Tea, Mai Tai, Manhattan, Margarita, Martini, Mimosa, Mojito, Old Fashioned, Planter’s Punch, Screw Driver, Side Car, Tom Collins, Whiskey Sour, Piña Colada Cocktail, Singapore Sling, Kir Royale — while you chat with your friends under a safari-themed night.

DSC_3499-6
Mojito

During its launch, I was able to try the Mai Tai, Mojito, Old Fashion, Bloody Mary, and also the hotel’s signature drink, the Davao Punch. Probably too much alcohol for someone who does not drink often.

Each cocktail that I tried was satisfying, refreshing, and any would do to cap off the night.

DSC_3545 copy
Old Fashion

I really liked the Old Fashion.

DSC_3537-9
Bloody Mary

The Bloody Mary, which has Tobasco hot sauce, tomato juice, Worcestershire Sauce, pepper, and vodka, has an odd taste at the first sip. It was like tomato soup with vodka. Surprisingly, I enjoyed the drink and finished the whole glass. I just love that kick of spiciness from the Tobasco hot sauce.

DSC_3573-12
Davao Punch

The Davao Punch was also a good drink, fruity with the right amount of alcohol.

In line with this launch, Marco Polo Davao also launched its Safari Night social media promotion where guests will upload a photo or video-clip on their Facebook or Instagram about Safari Nights at Eagles Bar.

Posts must contain Safari Night’s official hashtag #MPDSafariNights and must be set on public and tag Marco Polo Davao’s Official Fan Page.

Participants may upload or post as many as he or she can and in the event that his or her posts qualify for winning entries, Marco Polo Davao will only award one entry or post.

Top three posts will each win an overnight stay with breakfast for two at the hotel’s Cabana Room.

Winners will be selected based on the following criteria for judging: 20% Composition; 20% Overall Impact; 20% Story/Caption; 40% Post Likes and Engagement.

Judging Period will be from May 17-June 30, 2018 and announcement of winners will be on July 4, 2018.

For your next hang-out session with your friends, have it here at the Eagles Bar, which also serves a range of liquors and cocktails are sure to become your next favorite.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s